Friday, April 3, 2009

Back...

I'm baaacck.
Did ya touch my stuff?
Did ya miss me?
Yeah ...right
Why the tombstone in the last post?
I thought it was funny.
I have a strange sense of humor.
After I am gone, my husband will probably immediately have a yard/garage/tag sale and sell all my stuff for a fraction of it's true value.
I've stopped buying stuff.
I've accumulated enough stuff for one person.
Too many knick knacks.

Dad Update:
Cancer is back.
MRI showed a new tumor.
Tumor is in the exact spot that his back hurts.
They sent him directly to get Radiation.
No passing Go.
Dr told him that if he did nothing he would be paralyzed in a month or so.
Therefore, doing nothing is not an option.
So, he has 14 more rounds of radiation and possible Chemo.
I knew it was back when his progress stopped and he started going backwards, but I had hoped I was wrong.
His original Dr appointment was for the end of the month.
I told him it was a good thing that he went early, before too much damage was done to his spine/nerves.

Trying to keep a positive upbeat attitude around him.
Today I started crying at work.
I never cry at work.
But between the stress at work
and the news of my father,
I think my nerves are shot.

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Oh, I am so sorry.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Hugs xx

Tamara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad,hun.
Like Biddie says,I will also keep you in my prayers.I don't know you,but I like to snag Walkers links sometimes,and today I'm glad I picked this one......It's ok to cry sweety....you let the tears fall,but put your faith in God and stay strong.Like I said,I'll be praying for your Dad and you and your family as well.
Hang in there.

Coffeypot said...

Sorry about your dad. Sometimes life suxs.

I like the tombstone, though. Mine will say, “I told you I was sick”

Or, “Here lies Coffeypot, and atheist, all dressed up and no place to go.”

celticgirl said...

Hugs xx

Walker said...

I have been here
I hated it but i needed to be there for my mother and it was a battle we all fought together and five y ears later we won.
Thats what you have to do.
You caught it early and have the courage to fight and win.
I hate that fucken word