Sunday, April 19, 2009

Clap your hands stomp your feet...

Clap your hands, Stomp your feet...
(can you guess the next line?)
Polka music can't be beat.

But polka music at the dentist's office?
While getting a deep cleaning on all your teeth?
"Roll out the barrel, we've got a barrel of fun
It's called Novocaine and it will make you numb"

Yeah...polka music while getting tortured.
Apparently one of the dental hygienists is from Porto Rico
and had never before heard polka/polish music.
(So she had been fortunate up until then?)
So one of the dentists decided that she had to hear it...during work.
Can't just loan her the CD.
Nope, must play for all at the office to hear.

Luckily, it was only the music and no singing.
I have nothing against polka music.
I've danced the polka at weddings before. It's fun...
But didn't appreciate it at the dentist.
Especially when they turned off a good radio station to put on the CD.

I told the gal cleaning my teeth that every time I hear polka music that I will now remember this moment.
As she was having a bad day, I told her that at least she is at the good end of the dental tools.
Must keep them happy when they are working on your teeth.
Nothing worse than someone having a bad day taking it out on your teeth....wasn't about to let that happen.

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

At least she didn't try to clean your toofies by "Stars and Stripes Forever."

celticgirl said...

OMG, polka music AND the dentist.
I would be in hell.

Walker said...

Hmmmmmm
Ok
Not to many people know this buy..........
When I was a kid my parents made me take accordian lessons.
I hated them and t heir favorite music...........fkn polka
Umpah pah my ass
The dentist is painfull enough as it is and with polka music.... get out the body bags