I will get up early Tuesday and stop on my way to work to vote like a good little American.
I like to get it over with as it is crowded on the way home.
Now for something totally disgusting and a true story...you may never want to eat in a Chinese restaurant again.
Dead deer carved inside Hamburg NY restaurant
By Jenny Rizzo (wkbw.com)A shocking story tonight out of Hamburg NY involving the carcass of a dead deer ending up in the kitchen of a local restaurant. Investigators with the Erie County Health Department got a tip Friday morning that roadkill was spotted being dragged inside the China King restaurant. When investigators arrived for an unannounced inspection, they did indeed find a dead deer being carved inside the kitchen. As you can imagine, that is a serious public health violation.
Outside the restaurant, there is a trail of red blood droplets that lead to the China King's side door. Erie County Health Commissioner immediately issued an order closing the restaurant when he heard about the gruesome discovery. "My understanding is that it was the whole deer," said Erie County Health Commissioner Dr. Anthony Billittier.
The Health Department will now launch an investigation into this case to find out where the deer came from and what the employees of the restaurant intended to use it for. "In New York State, we have laws like you can't butcher a wild deer and sell it because we want to make sure the meat is safe, obviously," said Billittier.
Only raw meat purchased from a licensed vendor is allowed to be brought inside a restaurant where it can be prepared and then served.
Some of China King's regular customers were shocked and disgusted when they heard about what happened. "I was shocked... People don't do that! Its disgusting, I mean, you don't know what kind of parasites were on that deer," said Kathy Sitek.
"I think they should be out of business. I think its wrong to feed that to people," said customer Sara MacAllister.
There will be a hearing next week at the Health Department, which is the China King owner's chance to present his side of the story. The ultimate decision on whether or not to shut down the restaurant permanently rests with Health Commissioner, Dr. Anthony Billittier.
yeah....road kill ...yum...can I have mine with garlic sauce!!
I heard people on a radio station talking about this and the people calling in to the station were telling that they heard that they shoot pigeons and seagulls also and someone else said that they lived near the restaurant and the people from the restaurant were in their yard picking mushrooms off their lawn...
The Erie County Health Department immediately shut down China King in Hamburg NY Friday after they got a tip call that an employee brought a deer that had been struck by car into the restaurant.
"I watched him drag it though the parking lot and he dragged it through the front door of the China King Restaurant. And I said this is just not right, so I reported it to the Hamburg Police and reported it."
News 4 requested Health Department records for China King on that day and for the last five years and found some interesting results.
On the day in question the inspector found the deer on the floor of the kitchen, with it legs cut off and placed in the sink. There were blood drag marks on the floor leading from the front door, through the front area into the kitchen.
The inspector also found a refrigerator was too warm. And all of this food, pounds of ribs, chicken, eggs- all had to be thrown out because it wasn't safe.
The restaurant has a history of cooling problems stemming back to 2003. In 2005, cited again, for cooked chicken cooling at room temperature. It was 113 degrees. It must be kept 140 degrees or above or 45 degrees or below.
It doesn't stop there. In 2007 the store sought help from a pest control company for a cockroach problem.
The health department found dozens of sanitary problems in the last five years.
The Erie County Health Commissioner will decide what comes next after a hearing Tuesday.
Story by Melissa Holmes, WIVB
China King must be a chain as there is one near where I live.... Don't think I will be eating Chinese from there EVER!!!