Saturday, May 2, 2009

The results are in...

and they are not good. :-(
My Dad has bone cancer.
It has spread to his hip, ribs, leg and arm and is still in his spine.
So it's Chemo time.
Which they told him has a 50% chance of working.

He wants me to shave his head next week.
Which should be quick considering he is balding anyway.
I asked him if he was going to shave his beard/goatee.
no, just going to let it fall out...
well maybe it won't fall out.
But it says in the brochure that all my hair is going to fall out along with my eyebrows and eye lashes...

May is going to be a crazy month.
Son graduates from college...finally.
He has an associates from a 2 year community college.
And now will have his bachelors...3 years at a state college (SUNY)
Graduation is in 2 weeks.
He is staying there till graduation.
We are going tomorrow to get some of his stuff so we won't have to try and move a lot of stuff after graduation ceremony.

I bought my father's old car for him for a graduation, he needs a car anyway present.
My daughter is having a fit.
We gave her a car when she was in her 2-3 year of college and signed it over to her when she was 21.
He never has had a car...and he is 23.
But in her mind he is getting a newer car than her and it's not fair...
OMG!!!
Let's see....
He lived off campus during his first 2 years at the community college which was 2 hours away from home and had to walk everywhere including the grocery store.
A 23 year old guy needs a car...

2 comments:

Walker said...

I'm sorry to head about your father.
I like his odds though and will be keeping him in my thoughts.

I don't get kids.
I am up to my eyes in them and i don;t get them.
They just like to be indifferent i guess.
And its not like you can send them back where they came from.
Besides there are so big now that it would hurt.

Lindi said...

Yes Walker, that would hurt to send them back to where they came from.
My daughter actually suggested that she get the newer car and give her brother her older one that has over 100,000 miles on it.

With my Father's treatment odds, I'm trying to see the glass as half full as my sister looks at it as half empty.