Sunday, March 1, 2009

No snow here :-)

I heard Georgia got snow :-)
We didn't :-D
It was sunny here all day yesterday and today.
Daughter showed me phone picture from someone in Atlanta of the snow.
My father had his last treatment radiation treatment Thursday.
They gave him a diploma saying congratulations you made it through treatment or something to that effect.
I saw the x-ray of all the rods and pins they put in his back.
Quite impressive.
The rods are at least 6 inches long.
He is still in pain, but refuses to take pain medication other than when he goes to bed at night.
He says that it helps him sleep.
He still is using the walker but the physical therapist says that he can start using the cane.
If it weren't for his leg going wonky & numb I wonder if he would have gone to the doctor about his back..

A friend of Hubby's was at the crash site of 3407 for about 4 hours during the clean up. He described what he saw even though I told him we really didn't want to hear it as he was pretty graphic in describing what he saw.
I won't repeat it here as I was nauseous after hearing his story and as you can imagine he saw things that no one should ever see they were so horrific.
But as with a car crash, where even though you don't want to look you do anyway, I didn't leave the room but stayed to listen like a fool.
I just hope that the families never hear some of the stuff.

I saw a mouse run across the room the other night. SO Hubby put out one of the new mouse cube traps that I bought. Within 5 minutes we had the little bugger...in a plastic cube...still alive....now what...what do you do with a live mouse in a plastic cube? Did I go and look at it..NO!!, Daughter did and said that it had beady little eyes...
I could hear the thing scratching the plastic so he put it out side to freeze it and the wind blew it and the end opened up and it escaped.
He put a cube in the garage and caught another one...maybe the same stupid one.
This one was drownded in a bucket of water.
I hate mice!!

2 comments:

Walker said...

I hate rats, not tht I want mice but I hate rats.

I am happy you didnt get snow but if you start missing it just tell me and I would be MORE than happy to ship you some.
Some of this freakin cold weather to if you want the full experience of Canadian living LOL

Lindi said...

Rats are worse.
I hate all rodents.
Chipmunks, are nasty tulip bulb eating vermin.
People think they are so cute, but they are destructive little things if they get into your house or garage.
Walker please keep all your cold Canadian air up in Canada where it belongs and we will try to send you up some warm air for being such good neighbors.