Thursday, March 26, 2009

spring break

Spring is finally here.
Although there aren't any outward signs like flowers yet, it's still nice to know that the hard winter is over.

Haven't posted lately as I've been depressed.

One of the VP's where I work died unexpectedly.
He had surgery, a partial hip replacement.
Was home from the hospital a little more than a week.
Watched a Hockey game on a Saturday night with his wife and son
said he didn;'t feel well
stood up to go to bed
collapsed
Son gave him CPR
Never came to
Dead at 55
They think it was either a blood clot or an
aneurysm.

He was a good guy
Actually cared about his customers and not just their money.

His family had the wake and memorial service at the town he grew up in which is 2 hours from where I work.
It was last Thurs & Friday.
As I don't work in the same department as he did, I wasn't given the option to go to it during work even though I worked with him also.
Kinda sucked...
I didn't even ask to take the time off either as I took Weds off as my son was home on spring break.

My son turned 23 while he was home on spring break.
I feel old.
My baby boy is 23.

My Dad isn't doing too well.
He was walking with a cane for about a week.
Now lately he says that his good leg bothers him when he walks with the cane.
He is also having more pain in his back.
He can't sit comfortably in his recliner as when he leans back on his back, it hurts.
Not good
So to watch TV he sits at the dining room table and leans forward on the table.
Luckily they have a TV in the Dining room, no satellite, but at least he gets the basic area's stations.

I am very worried about him because he says at night a few times it felt like his back was on fire and was in a lot of pain.
My mother put cold towels on his back, which he said helped a little.

My father isn't one to complain when he is sick or hurt, so this must be painful as he is actually saying something.

He has 3 doctor appointments next Tues the 31st.
Hubby is taking the day off to take him as it is difficult for my mom to try to help him.

My sister and I contacted our brother who lives outside of DC and let him know what was going on.
They changed their travel plans and are coming up here instead of to my sister-in-law's brother's place for Easter weekend.
Hopefully it will cheer up my Dad.

Happy Spring

1 comment:

Walker said...

I am sorry about the VP and feel for his family.
He wasn't that old.

You father body has to get use to the different way he is walking.
In tile i think the muscles in his back will get stronger but he should go slow until they do.

Happy Birthday to your son. 23
Yeah he is getting old but I bet you aren't.
It may feel that way but we have to be as young as the kids to keep up