Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Random stuff

Why is it that the majority of the women in the office building I work in feel that they must wear black all the time?
I feel like I am at a funeral.
Then on Friday they wear Khaki pants.
I like to shake things up and wear green slacks and navy slacks.
At the last employee meeting it was a sea of black and grey.
But there were a few of us colorful people.

Hubby asked me if he looked as old as the man in the commercial where the guy says that he is 52 and had a heart attack.
Hubby is a few years older.
Being the loving wife that I am..... I told him that he did not look as old as the guy in the commercial.
but I didn't say that he didn't look as young as the guy in the commercial either.....
It's all in the wording.....

Note to self...
Do NOT wash work clothes after you wash throw rugs again.
Because all the clothes are now covered with sand like silty junk from the rugs...ARGH!!

Penguin woman was spotted on the way to work.
She was walking in the road even though there is a 3 feet shoulder on the side of the road.
Had to swerve to avoid her.

Meme:

"Your ship has sunk.
You have, of course, been stranded on a deserted island.
You have salvaged a copy of the King James Version of the Bible and a copy of the complete works of Shakespeare.
Nothing else.
“The very next day you find one of those Arabian Lamps in the sand.
Of course, you rub it and, of course, a rather grumpy Genie appears. “‘Let’s get this straight - there is a recession going on.
There are restrictions on the three wishes now.
I don’t do water or air transport now so no boats, planes or magic carpets.
As for electronics, forget it.
There isn’t the infrastructure on this island.
“‘I can let you have one book and I mean one VOLUME, one essential item and one luxury item.
Now hurry up and make your choices, I have to get to those five other islands you are going nominate. "

The one book I would chose would be a guide to surviving on a deserted island.
The one essential item I would chose would be a lifetime supply of waterproof matches to start fire to keep warm.
The luxury item I would chose would be my box of art supplies, something to keep me busy while I'm sitting by the fire and not reading all those Shakespeare books.


Anyone who wants to do this meme, can consider themselves tagged. I only have a couple of people who read this, and I 'd rather not alienate them...so to do, or not to do, that is your option.

On my way to work if I time it just right I get stopped my school buses traveling in the opposite direction, but stopped to pick up children.
One such bus stops on the other side of a 4 lane highway so it ties up traffic during "rush" hour.
Lucky me, I timed it so I got to stop for the bus.
I sit in my cold car and watch as a pink and purple clad moppet saunters up her driveway after the bus has stopped for what seems like an hour already.
She just lolly gags along, oblivious to the lineup of traffic that is stopped in both directions.
Turning around she looks back at the house and we are all probably thinking the same thing, you better not be turning around to got get something you have forgotten!
But she just waves to the shadow in the picture window.
She seems not to mind the freezing 8 degree temperature as she merrily strolls along, with her knapsack on her back.
Three songs play on the radio and the little blond bomber finally gets in the bus.
But, we can't go yet because the bus driver has to wait till she meanders back to a seat before the bus can move....and leaves the red lights flashing....because bus drivers can, they have the power to control traffic like that.
I got to thinking...how nice it must be to be a child and not feel rushed to get anywhere.
The bus will always wait for you, no matter how long you take, and so will all those people on their way to work, who have to try to get in to work on time.
Then I thought, maybe there is a reason she doesn't want to get on the bus.
Maybe some of the other children are mean to her on the bus or she loves it at home so much that she doesn't want to go to school....or her teacher is a crab.
Or maybe she is just an inconsiderate little twit who likes to see all the cars stopped on the highway...

Peace people

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

You should have told hubby, "You look much better than him and you will make a beautiful corpse."

As for the meme; I would choose the SAS Survival Guide as my book. The essential item would be a mirror to signal any passing planes and my one luxury item would be a cabin to stay out of the whether.

As for the little girl taking her sweet time, she is just a woman in training.

Walker said...

I would have gone for the lifetime supply of beer and for a book it would be the thickes book ever made.

Drink the beer and write notes on the pages I pull from the book to put in empty bottles ro throw out to sea.