Friday, October 10, 2008

Medical Tests

I took a vacation day today...away from the funny farm I work for.
Thought a nice long weekend would be nice.
But what do I do?
I schedule a CT scan at 8:30 am..
Sometimes I am my own worst enemy.
I get there on time.
Checked in and they gave me a cup of this foul tasting stuff to drink.
Told me that I would have to wait an hour or so for the stuff to get through out my system....
But what they failed to mention, was that the stuff they gave me to drink could cause diarrhea, especially if you drink it all at once...which is what I did because it tastes so bad....
Luckily there was a constant turn around of people in the waiting room or they would have wondered why I kept disappearing & reappearing..... I had to sit away from people as the rumbling from the great disturbance in the lower GI region would have caused them to move away from me!!
After 4 trips to the ladies room, I finally got called for the test.
The CT scan took 10 minutes if even that and most of that time was spent changing clothes.
I was going to go to the mall after the test and do some shopping before I met my retired friend MArly for lunch...but I decided to go home and relax for awhile first...
yeah.......
Actually I wanted to be close to my own bathroom!!



2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Been there, done that. Ran to the nearest bathroom, too. I was afraid to fart for a week.

Lindi said...

Coffee pot, you crack me up! It is so true. I should have suspected something when the stuff they gave me to drink tasted strangely a lot like the stuff I had to drink before my colonoscopy!