Friday, October 3, 2008

Beauty amoungst Chaos

I looked out into the back yard this morning and saw nature at it's best.
Four small deer
eating apples under the neighbor's apple tree.
they were probably adolescents,
past the cute baby stage
they were on their own
No large adult deer around
I would have loved to take their picture
But the angle I had to look out of the sliding french door made it difficult to get a good shot.
Opening the door would have scared them away.

I continued getting ready for work and heard the neighbors dogs barking
and pictured in my mind the deer darting away into the woods.

There must be something about white SUVs and vans.
Coming home from work yesterday, waiting at a stop sign at the end of the road
waiting to make a left on to the road
I started to pull out and had to slam on the brakes
as a white van was coming from the right
WTF...
It was dreary and rainy and all the other vehicles had their lights on
except the white van of course.
I was only about 6 feet past the stop sign
It was only 1/2 a mile from home, in the "sticks"
the driver probably thought it was just a Boston Fake

One of the last entries in my old blog (Warped Doodler)...I said that sometimes I felt like turning into traffic...but would never do it because I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's day...
I wonder if the few people that read the thing actually thought I did finally do it as I stopped writing in it...forgot the password....I am such a dork!!

Let’s Play Four

A) Four Places That I Go To Over And Over:
Work, Parent's house, Super Market, Subway restaurant

B) Four People Who E-mail Me Regularly:
At work, my boss sends me at least 10 e-mails a day (doesn't like human interaction apparently)
Marlene, Nancy & Nancy

C) Four Of My Food Favorites:
Chocolate, Lobster & Shrimp, Ice cream, Steak-Bloody steak :)

D) Four Things I’d Like To Do:
Win the Lottery, so I can quit my job
Travel to Australia
Take a cruise to Alaska
Quit my job and concentrate on my art

E) Four People I Think Will Respond: To What?

F) Four Things I Did Yesterday:
Dragged my sorry ass out of bed and went to work
Put up with annoying co-worker(s)
Went to the Family Dollar store and bought a Swiffer and cleaning products
Did a load of laundry before I went to work

G.Four Things I would buy if I had a million dollars:
A new Volkswagen..something
New living room furniture
An eight foot stockade fence between my house and the neighbors from deliverance
An art/weaving studio for me!!


I'm supposed to pick 4 people to do this... but it's up to you, gentle reader, if you decide to do it...




1 comment:

Coffeypot said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm a September boy, too (the 27th) but too many years difference. Stop by anytime and leave a comment. I don't bite.