Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's a sunny day

It's the 1st of November
We lucked out in this area and have no snow.
It snowed near here
but no snow here

The sun is out today
The house is quiet.
Hubby is off doing his Sat. paper delivery
Daughter is still sleeping after a late night at a Halloween party.
My parents live across the street and there is no sign of activity.
Their newspaper is still in the box.

You know when you are no longer a child when you think...less than 2 months before Christmas...must start shopping etc.
A child thinks....there are almost 2 whole months before Christmas...it's a LONG time away...we still have to go through Thanksgiving..
Stores seem to skip right from Halloween to Christmas and skip the Thanksgiving holiday all together.

My supervisor at work, (who Elly has nicknamed the Bull Dog, cause she is built like and looks like a bull dog), in her infinite wisdom decided that the last day of the month would be a swell day for Sparky & I to move all the contents of our cubicles to the 2nd floor cubicles.
The end of the month and first couple days of the month are VERY busy for us as we are trying to get all the month end stuff done and our accounts balanced and reporting done the first few days of the month.
There is no elevator in the building...
There was no way that I was going to be carrying heavy boxes up the stairs as my knees and back are bad. I told Sparky if I had to do that I would probably end up out of commission for a week....she graciously volunteered to help carry the boxes.
The maintenance man and the IT guy also helped and my friend Cee from the other dept.
Everything was moved up by noon.
Then I had to try to find a place for all the stuff.
The "new" cubicle is smaller and doesn't have 2 overhead locking cabinets like the one down stairs.
The Bull Dog came around and said to make sure everything was put away neat and tidy as the CEO likes it that way...Bull$hit..she likes it that way.
( I can't help it if I am cursed with being somewhat of a packrat and I have to keep a lot of paperwork just for CYA purposes)
I still have 4 boxes of stuff to try to find a place for.
And I had to get all my regular month end work done...
Now I have a special project that someone from the other dept needs ma to get done ASAP Monday ...along with my account balancing & reporting (govt) and unpacking...ARGH!!

I think the Bull Dog was trying to see if she could push me over the edge as I've told her numerous times that the last day and first 3 days of the month are the most hectic for me.

All the files I use on a daily basis are in the file room downstairs and the people I talk to the most about job related stuff are on the 1st floor. The dept I belong to is on the 2nd floor and the Bull dog said that to make it more efficient, as she is always looking to make things more efficient, that Sparky & I have to be moved to the 2nd floor as that is where her office is.
The only person for whom this move will be more efficient is HER!!!
It bothered her that she couldn't keep a constant watch over us.
I told her if I'm not at my desk I will probably be downstairs, and as I need to be down stairs a lot, I probably won't be at my desk a lot.

I need to get out of that place.
It is having an adverse effect on my health.
Good thing I took all my plants home as I have no room to put them. :-(
And I loved having a lot of plants around me.
My new cubicle is not next to the window, like the old one.
I cannot see the outdoors or feel the sun when it shines in through the windows.
All I see now is the dirty blue fabric that lines the cubicle walls.
And my little sign that reads:
"A Cubicle is just a padded cell without a door"
wonder how long it will be before the Bull dog makes me take it down.

On the bright side...on the other side of my cubicle is my friend Elly.
I told her I will be throwing my stress ball at her occasionally...when the Bull dog isn't patrolling the area!

Hope y'all had a wonderful Halloween.
We had about 10 trick or treaters.
My favorite was a 5 year old little girl who was dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz...complete with the ruby red shoes.

1 comment:

Walker said...

Time flies when you;re a grown up and life isn't the same any more but we get to have a different type of fun.

How does it go.
When you;re a kid you believe is Santa Clause and as a teenager to stop believing and when your a prent you become Santa Clause