Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twenty-five

I've been officially married for 25 years...
That's more than half my life.
I think I deserve a medal or something....
oh wait...you don't know my husband, but if you did you would probably agree that I deserve something other than a card and six red roses....
Ok, he did want to go out for dinner but we both were sickly on the actual anniversary day...he had to be close to the rest room and I couldn't smell anything and my nose & eyes wouldn't stop running...doesn't make for a pleasant evening out.
We will go out soon...someplace with real cloth napkins (serviettes for you Canadians) and good food.

But...I am a bit disappointed in the whole 25th anniversary thing as I took the Monday off before Veteran's Day...told him a month & a half before that I had the day off...He said that that would be a good time to go away for the weekend..Sun - Tues, not far, maybe 2 hours from our house to a nice hotel with a jacuzzi possibly...
BUT...he procrastinated and waited till the Thursday before the weekend to ask for the Monday off and too many others had already asked for the day off!!!
Now you wouldn't think that I would have had to remind him.
I would have thought that if it was important to him he would have remembered to ask for the day off earlier.
So the Monday before Veteran's day he comes home from work and says that other people weren't at work because they called in sick....ARGH!!!

Flash back to our 10th wedding anniversary.
We went to Toronto.
We saw the musical "Show Boat"
We went out for dinner.
I made the hotel reservations and paid for the hotel.
I ordered the tickets and paid for the tickets.
The day before we were to leave for our trip to Toronto, he jumps down the last 2 steps to the basement and screws up his back, so he was on pain medication for the trip...
SO he wasn't much fun.
Kind of puts a damper on things when someone's back hurts.

We went out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving.
My parents treated us.
I was glad not to have to cook as I was sickly with this sinus/eye virus/cold or what ever it is.
But it is kinda weird not having leftovers.
My son was home from college and I felt a little bad as I wasn't up to making him a homemade dinner.
So today I made him a big lunch before he left. Homemade stuffed shells and turkey meatballs and sauce and garlic bread. For dessert, homemade chocolate chip Toll house cookies...most of which he took back to college with him.
I just hope he doesn't get this virus/cold as he will be taking his finals in a week or so.

I bought a Wii for the family for Christmas...shhh it's a surprise.
Amazingly when I was shopping last Monday, the store I was in actually had some in stock...the bundles that come with 4 games and stuff. So I smoked my charge card and got it.
Now I need to find Wii fit...or maybe the starwars game that you duel with light sabers....
I am looking into getting a laptop for myself.
My husband is addicted to playing Diablo II Lord of Destruction on the computer so I rarely get a chance to blog...only when he's not home.
Dell has some nice ones on sale.
My daughter says to get an Apple one, but I am used to using Dell computers at work and home...

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.....

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Since you have to have a license to be married, I wonder how many would renew the license if they expired every few years. I would with my wife now, but the first one…not so sure it would have survived the first renewal. Happy 25th, though.

Walker said...

Happy 25th Anniversary
May I suggest for your fiftieth anniversary maybe you book the acomidations call his boss and strap him to a gerny the day before and have an ambulency deliver him to the destination :)

Coffeypot said...

Are you going to wait another 25 years before you post again? merry Christmas to you and yours.