Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And we all just keep getting older...

My parents seem to be falling apart lately.
My mom with her knee problems.
My dad with his back.
My dad's back has been bothering him since before X-mas and seems to be getting worse.
It has finally gotten so bad that he gave up snow blowing...which he shouldn't have been doing to begin with, but he's a stubborn old guy.
While walking in the parking lot at the bank last week, his leg/knee gave out and he fell into some lady's car. She was in the car at the time and got out to see if he was alright.
He put a dent in her car, but she told him not to worry about it as it was an old car. He's a big guy, 6'2" before he started shrinking!
A couple of days ago he went for an MRI.
While he was in the waiting room, he had to use the men's room.
On the way back to his seat, just 3 feet from it his leg gave out again and he landed flat on his back.
A couple of people helped him up.
They happened to be black.
So he now realized that not all black people are bad.
When I was growing up he was never a racist, but I think hanging around my BIL (sister's husband), who is a racist/Bigot has rubbed off on him...but that's another whole post...
He said that his leg goes numb.
I asked which leg...thinking that maybe he shouldn't be driving.
He said that it is always his left leg.
Tomorrow he takes his MRI test results and goes to a back Dr.
The Bigot BIL is taking him.

Hallelujah, my niece did my mother's grocery shopping!
So my mother bought her and her sister and her mother (my sister) subs for dinner....um...HEY
Wait a minute!!!!...
All I got was attacked by donuts...no dinner for me!!!
And my sister had the day off from work.
She should have made my parents dinner.

Daughter & son went out in the bitter cold across the street to see how they are today. My son just got back and said that they are watching American Idol...

My daughter wanted to know what was going to happen to grandpa if he keeps falling down. She is worried about her grandparents as I am about my parents.
Seems like I just got my children raised and half out of the nest and now I may have to start taking care of my parents.
But you gotta do what ya gotta do.
I'm just glad that we live close by and can check up on them.
My brother lives out of state and I really should e-mail him what is going on...after all why should my sister and I be the only ones worrying!!

No comments: