Saturday, January 31, 2009

Brain frozen Twit



This is what my commute to work looked like the other day....actually the visibility in this photo is better than it was for me that morning.
I turned off the main drag on to a country road and was being followed by a Big Ass Snow Plow.
The speed limit on the road is 45 mph, but I was only able to do 30 mph with out sliding all over the road.
The road is only 2 lanes and winds around.
THere is a woman that, when the weather is good rides her bicycle in the morning. She must be on her way somewhere as she has a back pack.
And she rides her bike against traffic.
Now that it is snowing, she is walking.
She looks like a penquin as she swings her arms from side to side.
So here I come down the road with the B.A.S.P. behind me and what do I see ahead...is her silhouette in the distance walking towards me.
I slowed down as a car was coming in the opposite direction and I couldn't go around her...and I noticed in the past that even as a car approaches her she doesn't move over....
So I slowed down to a near stop.
I was concerned about the B.A.S.P. behind me being able to see her in the blizzard like conditions.
So I stopped right before driveway, thinking that if it were me, and I was walking down that road in those conditions and I saw a B.A.S.P coming at me, I would duck into the driveway.
But no.
As I crept past her, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw her continue walking.
The Plow had stopped completely.
She walked right along side the plow and stopped ...
The plow driver had to lift his side plow so she could walk by.
WTF!!!
You have got to be kidding me.....this lady is nuts!!! Or maybe her brain is completely frozen.
I'm sure the plow driver was thrilled.

Today my neighbor was riding a bike down the snowy street.
My daughter even said he was nuts.
THis photo is what southerners think of when they imagine snow.
Blue skies and pretty scenery. But in reality, us northerners know better
!
Makes your back hurt just looking at that picture.......

And it's always swell to come out of work to your car buried under a foot of snow....
Keep warm


4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Move South!

celticgirl said...

Those photos could have been taken from my front window, too.
I am so sick of the snow, and that damn rodent saw its shadow, so it looks like another 6 weeks or so.
WTF is with that neighbour of yours?? Honestly, I see idiots like this all of the time. They shuffle in and out of traffic in all kinds of conditions and then are shocked when they get hit.
I say buy her a reflective vest and helmut. She needs it.

Walker said...

Some people are nuts.
I had one guy on a bike fall infront of me and I stopped as he went under my bumper.
I wantd to beat the crap out of him.
Not only did he almost get run over but scare me half to death

Lindi said...

Penguin woman hasn't been on the road lately.
Wonder if she will be found when the snow piles melt.

Coffeepot- I lived in AZ for 2 years, but we moved back north 23 years ago so my children could know their grandparents. Maybe when my parents are gone we will move back south somewhere.
Celticgirl- I want to yell out the window at the dumbasses jogging on the snow covered streets to go find a gym and get the hell off the road.
Walker- I read the post you did about that and thought of it when I saw penguin lady playing chicken with the snow plow.